Sunday, June 23, 2013

New Words

This weekend her language exploded... She now knows sheep go "ba" She has said: rock, brush, truck, walk, belly button She repeated after me: I love you She knows her eyes and ears are different words (before if you asked her where her ears were and eyes were she would point to her ears) She now says bye-bye when we leave someone w out having me to prompt her to look at my mouth and tell her to say bye-bye (which makes me think she didn't hear the exchange before since you normally say bye as you leave someone and she was relying on learning words by watching our mouths). She also will say "hi" to greet someone. She heard a truck, an airplane, the ferry, and train in the distance for the first time. Her words she had before: Molly, night-night, oma, doggy, kitty, wow, daddy, baby, no-no, uh-oh, and a prompted bye-bye/hi. She had been able to communicate w signs for: milk, eat, all done, more, her own sign for up, and toilet. It makes me so happy but also sad for what she has been missing.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Yay Baby Girl! :)

    Cassie doesn't repeat "I love you" but she does give hugs and kisses. So cute!

    ReplyDelete