Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Years

This year is to getting ready for Baby2.  Physically, emotionally, and financially.

During our wait for Baby Girl I trained for a half marathon.  DH and I did it together.  He outlined the program and I followed.

What I learned about myself via running is 1) I'm not half bad (I'd even claim I'm a good runner) and 2) That I need physical challenges to help me thru emotional challenges.

So I got started thinking.  Maybe I'd run a half again but this time alone.  This means that I would need to self motivate but it also would be my own accomplishment.  I then kept thinking... I've done the half- maybe I can do the whole thing?

So my goal of 2014 is to run 26.2 miles.  I'm going to start off slow.  See how my knees/ankle feel about this goal.  I think I'm ready for the physical challenge of running I also know that it will help me emotionally become ready for Baby2.

So here is to 2014 and all that will come with it!

What challenges will you accomplish?

No comments:

Post a Comment