Saturday, October 5, 2013

Application Submitted and now my thoughts

So I dropped off the packet yesterday afternoon.  Since the finger prints are time sensitive and only held in the computer for 45 days they let me turn in the application minus my medical form being completed.  They wont schedule our home visit until after my physician report is turned in and we wont become active until after our home visit is completed.  So we are looking at mid-November/December for go live!

The process doesn't feel as real to me this time.  Like last time I have had panic moments where I wonder how financially we are going to make this happen.  This time I also have panic moments when I wonder how I'm going to rangle two kids at once.

We are being more restrictive this go around so likely the wait will be longer.  We are not in a position for me to be 10 hours away for a month.

I need to talk to daycare to find out if they can be flexible with their policy regarding paying for a spot starting when it is offered to you.  If they are not flexible there is no way financially I can stay home for 12 weeks on maternity leave.  I hope with that information they are willing to realize to circumstances of Adoption are different then a planned pregnancy.  I'm not holding my breath.

Oh and Shutterfly has a 50% off coupon this week that ends Wed so I am bound and determined to get the book done!!

Home Study Check List:
Review original home study
Home Visit
Physician Report- Me
Physician Report- DH
Finger Prints- Me
Finger Prints- DH
Birth Certificate Copy Me
Birth Certificate Copy DH
Marriage License
Profile Book
Letters of recommendation requested

No comments:

Post a Comment