Friday, November 22, 2013

Olfactory Memories

I could have sworn I blogged about it.  February 2011 a few months after starting to wait we started our bathroom renovation.  We contiplated if we should or should not do the renovation because well we were waiting and a bathroom renovation was expensive.  We decided to do it because 1) our tub was no where to bath a baby and 2) It was going to be easier to renovate with one bathroom without a baby.  So we did it.  Recently we had the same challenge but this time it was siding.  We decided to go for it.  Our house needed to be resided and well we have no idea when Baby2 will arrive.  During the siding project our drain from the kitchen/laundry room failed.

So today *drum roll* our plumbing is getting fixed.

So what does this have anything to do with adoption?

Several things.  1) its hard when you are waiting to know what you can and cannot do financially.  Obviously the fixes we needed just needed to get done.  and 2) the smell of the plumbing glue brought me back almost 3 years.  I remember coming home to have plumbers glue smell smack me in the face.

DH and I opened the windows and despite a strict budget went out to dinner.  I was upset and sad about the adoption for some reason (I can't remember).  It was during dinner we realized that the adoption support meeting was that night.  I remember coming home and feeling better.

The smell of plumbers glue brought me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment